Greetings to respected readers. I would like to present to you the message of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, which contains the views of the leadership and foreign policy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Dear compatriots and friendly people of Kazakhstan,
Asia is evolving from a concept-based region to a pragmatic / functional region. due to its numerous activities and works in the field of science, Asia has been known as a region of thoughts .The emergence of Asia as a pragmatic region and its transformation from an ideology to a great economic in the continent’s vital infrastructure, which is directly related to the first, second, third and fourth industrial revolutions.
The following trends show the extent of changes in Asia before the emergence and spread of the Corona virus (COVID-19).
- Fifty percent of investments in various fields, including electricity, road construction, telecommunications, railways, water, ports and airports, from 2007 to 2015, were made by seventeen Asian countries. This investment increased from $ 1.8 trillion in 2007 to $ 2.3 trillion in 2015, representing an annual growth of 2.9%.
- According to the Oxford Economic Center, China, which alone accounts for 50 percent of those investments, could invest $ 26 trillion, and 16 other Asian countries could invest $ 22.4 trillion between 2016 and 2040.
- Asia had least gap in preparing resources between existing investment and investment needed for future.
- While a comprehensive study of the magnitude of changes in value chains, supply chains, systems and processes, the increase in trade between Asian countries, and trade between Asia and other parts of the world stems from the connection that now exists these changes have in fact been the greatest changes in the last four hundred years.
It is clear that the outbreak of coronavirus has disrupted our lives and had a devastating effect on our living conditions. However, the following are emerging.
- Investment in infrastructure is likely to be a key component of the post-Corona incentive program for Asian countries.
- Until a global governance agreement is reached, given that Asia has become the center of gravity of the world economy, the tendency towards regionalism is likely to intensify.
- With the expansion of infrastructure investment and the inclusion of Asian investment, Asia is likely to become a dominant global player in infrastructure investment in the next decade.
- Identifying areas that are at intersections that have not been considered before and investing in them can have a multiplier effect on the effectiveness and efficiency of supply and value chains.
Critical infrastructure is defined sector-based whose assets, systems and networks – physical or virtual – are critical to the security of a nation or region, economic security, safety or public health, and so on.
Terrorism is the greatest threat to the lives of the people of Afghanistan and the world, and most important way to fight terrorism is a dignified and long lasting peace in Afghanistan. And the only way to maintain peace with dignity and stability in Afghanistan is to maintain the system of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore, the logical link present in Afghanistan’s foreign policy is that to maintain a dignified and long lasting peace in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. So, this is not only in the interest of the Afghan people, but also directly in the interest of the region and the international community. Given these commonalities, we focus our foreign policy directly on the three programs.
Peace in Afghanistan is possible and it is in best interests of everyone. We have four common interests with the international community.
- Counter terrorism and maintain security
- Fight against drugs and organized crime
- Prevent forced migration
- Protect human rights and prevent violations
Our region; Six neighbors + Kazakhstan and about ten other countries that are influential in the region. In addition to have these four issues in common with them, we also have a fifth issue in common with them, and which is the fact that Afghanistan can contribute to the economic growth of Afghanistan and the region with its great role in connecting the regional economy. Today, the region is more interested in economic cooperation with Afghanistan than ever before in contemporary Afghan history.
Regional projects such as TAPI, CASA 1000, Gwadar and Chah Bahar ports, connecting and extending the Uzbek-Afghanistan, Turkmenistan-Afghanistan and Iran-Afghanistan lines and connecting them with South Asia have facilitated regional connectivity. Afghanistan has a historical civilization in the region and is of great geographical importance and is known as the heart of Asia. New regional and global initiatives require us to work together more and take practical steps to achieve these goals.
upon peace agreement, we call for guarantees, including a guarantee from the United Nations Security Council, for this peace, and we also call for political, financial and security cooperation commitments to fulfill our bilateral peace commitments.
One in four or five people fighting against the Afghan government is a foreigner and we are not going to make peace with them. They must stay away from Afghanistan. Therefore, we must continue our cooperation with the international community in the fight against terrorism, and the international community must continue its cooperation with us in counter terrorism, and the most important type of cooperation is to support the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
The motto of our people is ”no need international aid”. Economic growth in Afghanistan requires regional and international cooperation. Afghanistan must once again revive its role as the connecting point between South and Central Asia.
Our Afghans outside Afghanistan have capacities that must be used.
- Their children grew up with foreign perfection and with an Afghan heart, and we must give them a share in the reconstruction of our country.
- We support sending their money to Afghanistan
- We support the investment of Afghans living abroad and Kazakhs in Afghanistan
- We make it easier for Afghans to work abroad
- And we do the consular service in the best way
Afghanistan has never wanted and does not want to be the center of regional and international conflicts, our foreign policy seeks to promote common interests for all. Afghanistan does not allow any neighbor to dominate Afghanistan’s policies and national sovereignty.
Bailatral relation between Afghanistan and Kazakhistan:
The total trade exchange between Afghanistan and Kazakhstan in 2018 reached 852 million dollars. Afghanistan’s exports to Kazakhstan were 8 million dollars and Kazakhstan’s exports to Afghanistan were 844 million dollars. Kazakhstan is a strategic political, economic and cultural partner for Afghanistan. The two brotherly nations have had a friendly relationship for a long time. Kazakhstan’s products are important for Afghanistan in the field of food security, and Afghanistan is one of the major flour and wheat export markets in the region for this country. Agricultural products, especially dried and fresh fruits, precious and semi-precious stones, and natural plants of Afghanistan can have a good market in Kazakhstan. One of our main goals in the field of trade is to expand it and create better facilities for Afghan and Kazakh traders. There is a great potential for expanding existing relationships and we are ready to cooperate with you dear readers in this field.